TREATMENT FOR WHEEZING PROBLEM
Wheezing is a high-pitched whistling sound made while breathing. It's often associated with difficulty breathing. Wheezing may occur during breathing out (expiration) or breathing in (inspiration). It’s caused by narrowed airways or inflammation.
- Anaphylaxis (a severe allergic reaction, such as to an insect bite or medication)
- Bronchiectasis (a chronic lung condition in which abnormal widening of bronchial tubes inhibits mucus clearing)
- Bronchiolitis (especially in young children)
- Childhood asthma
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) exacerbation — worsening of symptoms
- Epiglottitis (swelling of the "lid" of your windpipe)
- Foreign object inhaled: First aid
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Heart failure
- Lung cancer
- Medications (particularly aspirin)
- Obstructive sleep apnea (a condition in which breathing stops and starts during sleep)
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) — especially in young children
- Respiratory tract infection (especially in children younger than 2)
- Vocal cord dysfunction (a condition that affects vocal cord movement)
Wheezing may accompany other symptoms that affect the respiratory system including:
- Chest pain that may worsen with breathing or coughing
- Cough that may be dry or produce mucus or phlegm and may worsen with time
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Hoarseness or laryngitis
- Rapid breathing
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Changes in heart rate
- Flu-like symptoms, including fever, chills, headache and sore throat
- Indigestion or heartburn
- Leg pain or swelling
- Sleep problems or night sweats
- Unexplained weight loss or loss of appetite
Serious symptoms that might indicate a life-threatening condition
- Bluish discoloration of the lips or fingernails
- Changes in consciousness or alertness
- Coughing up blood
- Rapid heart rate
- Shortness of breath, labored breathing, difficulty breathing, or choking
- Sudden swelling of the face, lips or throat
Wheezing can affect anyone at any stage of life.
- Babies and children
- Any Medical conditions like COPD or heart failure
- Handling toxic chemicals
- Shortness of breath
- Altered mental state
- Lung damage
- Disease progression
There are a few things you can do to prevent wheezing:
- Keep the air moist. Use a humidifier, take a warm, steamy shower, or sit in the bathroom with the door closed while running a hot shower.
- Drink something warm. It relaxes your airways and loosens sticky mucus.
- Don’t smoke. And stay away from people who do.
- Follow your doctor’s orders. Take your medicines according to the instructions.
- Do breathing exercises. They can help your lungs work better. Try these:
- Pursed-lip breathing. Breathe in through your nose. Breathe out for twice as long, with your lips pursed like you’re going to whistle.
- Belly breathing. Breathe in through your nose. Put your hands on your belly and pay attention to how it expands. Breathe out through your mouth for at least 2 to 3 times as long as you breathed in.
- Clean the air. Use an air cleaner with a HEPA filter. This will cut down on allergens that often lead to asthma attacks.
- X-rays to get a picture of your lungs
- Lung function tests to see how well they’re working
- Blood test to check your oxygen levels. (Those that are too low could signal a lung problem.)
- A bronchodilator medication to ease inflammation and open your airways
- Inhaled corticosteroids to fight inflammation
- Leukotriene receptor antagonists to prevent asthma and allergy symptoms
- An antibiotic to fight a bacterial infection
EFFECTIVENESS OF ACUPUNCTURE
People choose acupuncture since it is one of the best remedies that help to treat a variety of pulmonary issues like headaches, pressure, pain and shortness of breath. This treatment is meant to focus on the present congestion while strengthening your system and cause less reaction in the future. Acupuncture is said to have some advantages over antihistamines and helps in providing treatments without surgery as well. The benefits of Acupuncture are immediate relief from symptoms and reduced chances of recurrence
MECHANISM OF ACUPUNCTURE
Acupuncture might help patients suffering from wheezing by increasing endorphins and neuropeptide levels, which can help to combat negative affective state
By stimulating the nerves located in muscles and other tissues, acupuncture leads to release of endorphins and other neurohumoral factors and helps to change the processing of pain in the brain and spinal cord, acting as an effective remedy for wheezing.
Acupuncture reduces inflammation, by promoting the release of vascular and immunomodulatory factors providing the best relief for wheezing.It enhances natural killer cell activities and modulates the number and ratio of immune cell types.It increases the local microcirculation..As a green physical alternative therapy, acupuncture has been recognized for its effectiveness in respiratory diseases.
BEST CURE FOR WHEEZING PROBLEM
Looking for the best relief for wheezing in Chennai, here’s why you should reach out to the expert Acupuncturist Dr. Shaji Bharath from the best rated clinic Dr.Bharath’s Acu Heal. He is currently treating patients for a wide range of conditions. As a best acupuncture practitioner with 15 years of experience, and having worked with several pulmonologists, Dr. Bharath can create the treatment plan for the best cure for wheezing to manage the condition that's tailored to your needs, which can break a cycle of long-lasting breathing difficulty. As the top acupuncture doctor in Chennai he has witnessed acupuncture doing wonders for people suffering from wheezing. The effectiveness rate increases several times just with one course of Acupuncture. So, take some time to find the right pain management and best remedy for acupuncture approach that suits you. Most of the people swear by acupuncture, citing it as a best cure and a ‘miracle’ to improving their quality of life. To contact the top acupuncture doctor in Chennai, Dial: +91 9884746916 or Visit: drbharathsacuheal.com for more details.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE DOCTOR NEAR ME
To choose the Best doctor for Acupuncture, it's important that the Acupuncturist should have a decade of experience and treated at least 1000 to 2000 patients.
You can also search for the Best Acupuncture Doctor near me or ask your primary care physician to refer an experienced Acupuncturist nearby. Once you find the Best Acupuncture Doctor in Chennai, you may go through their google reviews first and then fix an appointment with the doctor only when you are satisfied with the reviews.
The Best Acupuncture Doctor should address your concerns and help you feel more comfortable before your first session. Acupuncture usually takes numerous sessions or several weeks to get a complete cure in any ailment but within 3 or 4 sessions the patients will experience positive differences.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE CLINIC NEAR ME
There are numerous clinics popping up and it is sometimes skeptical to choose the best or even the safe one. To address such concerns, you can look into the following points to choose the best acupuncture clinic for treating wheezing. Acupuncture is also offered in hospital, pain clinics and by healthcare organizations but it is ideal to visit the best Acupuncture Clinic. If you are not sure, it would be a good idea to contact your local doctor to see if they would be prepared to refer to the best rated acupuncture clinics.Acupuncture is offered in top rated acupuncture clinics near me because conventional treatment has failed or produces unacceptable side effects. Most of the best acupuncture clinics will spell out very clearly what type of acupuncture they practice and how professional they are - at present anyone can set themselves up as an acupuncturist but reputable practitioners will belong to an organization. So while you are filtering the best clinics for acupuncture that treats wheezing, you can look out for these factors.Treatment without drug for wheezing is possible through acupuncture and it gives the best result.
We have been rewarded a 5-star rating from Google & Practo. You can also check the reviews there.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Wheezing that’s associated with short-term illnesses usually disappears when you get well.Make sure to tell your doctor if your wheezing reoccurs or worsens. This often means that you need a more aggressive treatment plan to prevent complications. Dial +91 9884746916 or Visit: drbharathsacuheal.com to get treated for wheezing without side effects.
- Linde K, Jobst K, Panton J. Acupuncture for chronic asthma. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2000;2:CD000008.
- Martin J, Donaldson ANA, Villarroel R, et al. Efficacy of acupuncture in asthma: systematic review and meta-analysis of published data from 11 randomised controlled trials. Eur Respir J 2002;20:846.
- Jobst KA. Acupuncture in asthma and pulmonary disease: an analysis of efficacy and safety. J Altern Complement Med 1996;2:179–206.
For further clarifications or
to fix an Appointment
Thank you for choosing us
Our experts will get back to you at the earliest
What are the services provided for wheezing by Dr.Bharath’s Acu Heal?
At Bharath's Acu Heal, Wheezing or Asthma is handled with Acupuncture. The Acupuncturist can understand the condition of the disease only after a thorough investigation by pulse and tongue diagnosis. In the first few sessions, there will be a positive change in the symptoms and after several sessions, there will be a 90% to 100% chance that the patient will get cured of Wheezing. Many patients have got recovered from this long-term disease. Simultaneously the patient will be advised on a diet with food restrictions and exercise regime which includes an induced sound sleep that plays a vital role in reversing the disease.
What are the benefits of acupuncture for Asthma or Wheezing?
This is a drugless therapy and there are no adverse effects. Moreover, the results are permanent. After completing the Acupuncture treatment, the patient will no longer need to take any form of medication (including inhalers or nebulizers) prescribed for this particular ailment.
How many sessions of acupuncture do you need for wheezing?
A complete cure of asthma or wheezing requires 50 to 60 sessions of treatment.
Is acupuncture safe for Asthma or Wheezing?
Yes, acupuncture is 100% safe when it is performed by an experienced Acupuncturist and some people get a slight relief in the very first session itself.