TREATMENT FOR MALE INFERTILITY
Male infertility refers to a male's inability to cause pregnancy in a fertile female. Nearly 1 in 7 couples is infertile, which means they haven't been able to conceive a child even though they've had frequent, unprotected sexual intercourse for a year or longer. Male infertility can be caused by low sperm production, abnormal sperm function or blockages that prevent the delivery of sperm. Illnesses, injuries, chronic health problems, lifestyle choices and other factors may contribute to male infertility.The inability to conceive a child can be stressful and frustrating.
The main sign of male infertility is the inability to conceive a child. There may be no other obvious signs or symptoms.
In some cases, however, an underlying problem such as an inherited disorder, hormonal imbalance, dilated veins around the testicle or a condition that blocks the passage of sperm causes signs and symptoms. Signs and symptoms you may notice include:
- Problems with sexual function — for example, difficulty with ejaculation or small volumes of fluid ejaculated, reduced sexual desire, or difficulty maintaining an erection (erectile dysfunction)
- Pain, swelling or a lump in the testicle area
- Recurrent respiratory infections
- Inability to smell
- Abnormal breast growth (gynecomastia)
- Decreased facial or body hair or other signs of a chromosomal or hormonal abnormality
- A lower than normal sperm count (fewer than 15 million sperm per milliliter of semen or a total sperm count of less than 39 million per ejaculate)
Male fertility is a complex process. To get your partner pregnant, the following must occur:
- You must produce healthy sperm.
- Sperm have to be carried into the semen.
- There needs to be enough sperm in the semen.
- Sperm must be functional and able to move.
- Ejaculation issues
- Antibodies that attack sperm
- Undescended testicles
- Hormone imbalances
- Defects of tubules that transport sperm
- Chromosome defects
- Problems with sexual intercourse
- Celiac disease
- Certain medications
- Prior surgeries
- Industrial chemicals
- Heavy metal exposure
- Radiation or X-rays
- Overheating the testicles
Health, lifestyle and other causes
- Drug use
- Alcohol use
- Tobacco smoking
- Smoking tobacco
- Using alcohol
- Using certain illicit drugs
- Being overweight
- Having certain past or present infections
- Being exposed to toxins
- Overheating the testicles
- Having experienced trauma to the testicles
- Having a prior vasectomy or major abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Having a history of undescended testicles
- Being born with a fertility disorder or having a blood relative with a fertility disorder
- Having certain medical conditions, including tumors and chronic illnesses, such as sickle cell disease
- Taking certain medications or undergoing medical treatments, such as surgery or radiation used for treating cancer
Complications of male infertility can include:
- Stress and relationship difficulties related to the inability to have a child
- Expensive and involved reproductive techniques
- Increased risk of testicular cancer, melanoma, colon cancer and prostate cancer
Male infertility isn't always preventable. However, you can try to avoid some known causes of male infertility. For example:
- Don't smoke
- Limit or abstain from alcohol
- Steer clear of illicit drugs
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Don't get a vasectomy.
- Avoid things that lead to prolonged heat for the testicles
- Reduce stress
- Avoid exposure to pesticides, heavy metals and other toxins
Diagnosing male infertility problems usually involves:
- General physical examination and medical history
- Semen analysis
Your doctor might recommend additional tests to help identify the cause of your infertility. These can include:
Treatments for male infertility include:
- Surgery. For example, a varicocele can often be surgically corrected or an obstructed vas deferens repaired. Prior vasectomies can be reversed. In cases where no sperm are present in the ejaculate, sperm can often be retrieved directly from the testicles or epididymis using sperm retrieval techniques.
- Treating infections. Antibiotic treatment might cure an infection of the reproductive tract, but doesn't always restore fertility.
- Treatments for sexual intercourse problems. Medication or counseling can help improve fertility in conditions such as erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation.
- Hormone treatments and medications. Your doctor might recommend hormone replacement or medications in cases where infertility is caused by high or low levels of certain hormones or problems with the way the body uses hormones.
- Assisted reproductive technology (ART). ART treatments involve obtaining sperm through normal ejaculation, surgical extraction or from donor individuals, depending on your specific case and wishes. The sperm are then inserted into the female genital tract, or used to perform in vitro fertilization or intracytoplasmic sperm injection.
Lifestyle and home remedies
There are a few steps you can take at home to increase your chances of achieving pregnancy:
- Increase frequency of sex. Having sexual intercourse everyday or every other day beginning at least five days before ovulation increases your chances of getting your partner pregnant.
- Have sex when fertilization is possible. A woman is likely to become pregnant during ovulation — which occurs in the middle of the menstrual cycle, between periods. This will ensure that sperm, which can live several days, are present when conception is possible.
- Avoid the use of lubricants. Products such as Astroglide or K-Y jelly, lotions, and saliva might impair sperm movement and function. Ask your doctor about sperm-safe lubricants.
- Live a healthy lifestyle. Eat a variety of healthy foods, maintain a healthy weight, get enough sleep, and exercise regularly.
- Avoid things that damage your overall health. Stop or reduce your use of alcohol, quit smoking, and don't use illicit drugs.
EFFECTIVENESS OF ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT
Acupuncture may help some men overcome infertility problems by improving the quality of their sperm, according to a new study.
Researchers found five weeks of acupuncture treatment reduced the number of structural abnormalities in sperm and increased the overall number of normal sperm in a group of men with infertility problems.
They say the results suggest that acupuncture may complement traditional infertility treatments and help men reach their full reproductive potential.
MECHANISM OF ACUPUNCTURE
In traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), symptoms are a manifestation of an underlying qi (or chi) imbalance. There are six major patterns of qi (vital energy) disharmony that may manifest with male infertility.The two most commonly involved organs in male infertility according to TCM are the kidneys and liver. The kidneys store essence qi, which roughly corresponds to the Western concept of male reproductive cells, while the liver stores blood and regulates the flow of qi, which are both fundamental for fertility.
Traditionally, patients are categorized into their pattern of qi disharmony and treated accordingly with acupuncture. In addition, patients may receive lifestyle recommendations with regard to frequency of sexual activity, diet, exercise, and meditative practices as stress reduction techniques.
Formulations of acupoints that have been empirically and traditionally associated with fertility-boosting effects may be used in protocols for infertility treatments.
BEST CURE FOR MALE INFERTILITY
Looking for the best relief for male infertility in Chennai, here’s why you should reach out to the expert Acupuncturist. A. Shaji Bharath from the best rated clinic Dr.Bharath’s Acu Heal. He is currently treating patients for a wide range of conditions. As a best acupuncture practitioner with 15 years of experience, and having worked with several urologists and sexologists, Acupuncturist. A. Shaji Bharath can create the treatment plan for the best cure for male infertility problems to manage the condition that's tailored to your needs. As the top acupuncture doctor in Chennai he has witnessed acupuncture doing wonders for people suffering from male infertility.The effectiveness rate increases several times just with one course of Acupuncture. So, take some time to find the right pain management and best remedy for acupuncture approach that suits you. Most of the people swear by acupuncture, citing it as a best cure and a ‘miracle’ to improving their quality of life. To contact the top acupuncture doctor in Chennai, Dial: +91 9884746916 or Visit: drbharathsacuheal.com for more details.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE DOCTOR NEAR ME
To choose the Best doctor for Acupuncture, it's important that the Acupuncturist should have a decade of experience and treated at least 1000 to 2000 patients.
You can also search for the Best Acupuncture Doctor near me or ask your primary care physician to refer an experienced Acupuncturist nearby. Once you find the Best Acupuncture Doctor in Chennai, you may go through their google reviews first and then fix an appointment with the doctor only when you are satisfied with the reviews.
The Best Acupuncture Doctor should address your concerns and help you feel more comfortable before your first session. Acupuncture usually takes numerous sessions or several weeks to get a complete cure in any ailment but within 3 or 4 sessions the patients will experience positive differences.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE CLINIC NEAR ME
There are numerous clinics popping up and it is sometimes skeptical to choose the best or even the safe one. To address such concerns, you can look into the following points to choose the best acupuncture clinic for treating male infertility. Acupuncture is also offered in hospital, pain clinics and by healthcare organizations but it is ideal to visit the best Acupuncture Clinic. If you are not sure, it would be a good idea to contact your local doctor to see if they would be prepared to refer to the best rated acupuncture clinics. Acupuncture is offered in top rated acupuncture clinics near me because conventional treatment has failed or produces unacceptable side effects. Most of the best acupuncture clinics will spell out very clearly what type of acupuncture they practice and how professional they are - at present anyone can set themselves up as an acupuncturist but reputable practitioners will belong to an organization. So while you are filtering the best clinics for acupuncture that treats male infertility problems,you can look out for these
factors.Treatment without drugs for male infertility is possible through acupuncture and it gives the best result.
We have been rewarded a 5-star rating from Google & Practo. You can also check the reviews there.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Being diagnosed with male infertility doesn’t mean that your dreams of having a child have come to an end. It may take some time, there are a number of couples who experience infertility will eventually be able to have a child. Some will do so on their own, while others will need medical assistance.To get the best remedy for male infertility dial +91 9884746916 or Visit: drbharathsacuheal.com for more details.
- Pascual J. TCM for Infertility. 2005 www.vitalitymagazine.com
- Zhu J, Arsovska B, Kozovska K. Case Report:Oligoasthenoteratozoospermia, Treatment with Acupuncture. Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research (IJIR) 2016;2(9)
- Zhu J, Arsovska B, Kozovska K. Case Report-Male Infertility Acupuncture Treatment. Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research. 2017;3(11)
For further clarifications or
to fix an Appointment
Thank you for choosing us
Our experts will get back to you at the earliest
What are the services provided for male infertility by Dr. Bharath’s Acu Heal
Male infertility refers to a male's inability to cause pregnancy in a fertile female. Nearly 1 in 7 couples is infertile, which means they haven't been able to conceive a child even though they've had frequent, unprotected sexual intercourse for a year or longer. Male infertility can be caused by low sperm production, abnormal sperm function or blockages that prevent the delivery of sperm. Illnesses, injuries, chronic health problems, lifestyle choices , varicocele, other infections, ejaculation issues, hormonal imbalance, problems with sexual intercourse, erectile dysfunction, prior surgeries or mediations and few other factors may contribute to male infertility. The inability to conceive a child can be stressful and frustrating.
After a thorough investigation by pulse and tongue diagnosis, condition of the disease is understood by the Acupuncturist .
The treatment will be given based on the disease’s chronicity and acuteness. Though initially the progress may be little slow, after several sessions one can experience a lot of improvement in the individual’s physical and psychological well being resulting in good sexual and reproductive health. This treatment will also induce sound sleep which will help play a vital role in improving the overall health of the person. Simultaneously the patient will be advised on a diet and exercise regime too.
What are the benefits of acupuncture for male infertility?
This is a drugless therapy and so no side effects. During or after completing the course of treatment, in most cases previous medication if any may be stopped.
How many sessions do you need for male infertility ?
About 20 to 40 sessions may be required in 3 to 5 months time.