TREATMENT FOR HEADACHE
A headache is a very common condition that causes pain and discomfort in the head, scalp, or neck.Headaches can sometimes be mild, but in many cases, they can cause severe pain that makes it difficult to concentrate at work and perform other daily activities. Headaches are a common health problem — most people experience them at some time.
Factors that lead to headaches may be:
- emotional, such as stress, depression, or anxiety
- medical, such as migraine or high blood pressure
- physical, such as an injury
- environmental, such as the weather
Frequent or severe headaches can affect a person’s quality of life.
TYPES OF HEADACHES
There are more than 150 types of headache. They fall into two main categories: primary and secondary headaches.
Primary headaches are those that aren’t due to another medical condition. The category includes:
- Cluster headaches
- New daily persistent headaches (NDPH).
- Tension headaches.
Secondary headaches are related to another medical condition, such as:
- Disease of blood vessels in the brain
- Head injury.
- High blood pressure (hypertension).
- Medication overuse
- Sinus congestion.
- Ice pick headaches.
- Spinal headaches.
- Thunderclap headaches.
- specific areas of the brain
- blood vessels
- brain chemicals
- systemic conditions, such as an infection
- giant cell arteritis
- a stroke
- a brain tumor
- Illness. This can include infections, colds, and fevers. Headaches are also common with conditions like sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses), a throat infection, or an ear infection. In some cases, headaches can result from a blow to the head or, rarely, a sign of a more serious medical problem.
- Stress. Emotional stress and depression as well as alcohol use, skipping meals, changes in sleep patterns, and taking too much medication. Other causes include neck or back strain due to poor posture.
- Your environment, including secondhand tobacco smoke, strong smells from household chemicals or perfumes, allergens, and certain foods. Stress, pollution, noise, lighting, and weather changes are other possible triggers.
- Genetics. Headaches, especially migraine headaches, tend to run in families. Most children and teens (90%) who have migraines have other family members who get them. When both parents have a history of migraines, there is a 70% chance their child will also have them. If only one parent has a history of these headaches, the risk drops to 25%-50%.
The characteristics of a headache — and the effects on daily life — can vary. A headache may:
- affect one or both sides of the head
- radiate from a central point
- involve sharp, throbbing, or dull pain
- have a vise-like quality
- come on gradually or suddenly
- last from under an hour to several days
The features of the pain depend, to some extent, on the type of headache.
Contact +91 9884746916 or Visit: drbharathsacuheal.com if you or any of your family members has headaches that is associated with other symptoms like,
- A sudden, new, severe headacheA headache that is associated with neurological symptoms such as:
- A headache that is associated with neurological symptoms such as:
- Sudden loss of balance or falling
- Numbness or tingling
- Speech difficulties
- Mental confusion
- Personality changes/inappropriate behavior, or
- Vision changes (blurry vision, double vision, or blind spots)
- Headache with a fever, shortness of breath, stiff neck, or rash
- Headache pain that awakens you up at night
- Headaches with severe nausea and vomiting
- Headaches that occur after a head injury or accident
- Getting a new type of headache after age 55
- complete blood count (CBC), a blood test that can show signs of an infection
- skull X-rays, an imaging test that provides detailed pictures of the bones of the skullsinus X-rays, an imaging test that may be performed if sinusitis is suspected
- sinus X-rays, an imaging test that may be performed if sinusitis is suspected
- head CT or MRI scan, which might be done in cases where stroke, trauma, or blood clots on the brain are suspected
- Female sex
- Sleep disturbances
- Overuse of caffeine
- Overuse of headache medication
- Other chronic pain conditions
- Sleep disturbances
- Other psychological and physical problems
- Avoid headache triggers
- Avoid medication overuse.
- Get enough sleep
- Don't skip meals
- Exercise regularly
- Reduce stress
- Reduce caffeine
Rest and pain relief medication are the main treatments for headaches. Options include:
- over-the-counter pain relief medications, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- prescription pain relief medications
- preventive medication for specific conditions, such as migraine
- other treatments for underlying conditions
If medications aren’t working, there are several other remedies that can help treat headaches:
- Biofeedback is a relaxation technique that helps with pain management.
- Stress management classes can teach you how to cope with stress and how to relieve tension.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy is a type of talk therapy that shows you how to recognize situations that make you feel stressed and anxious.
- Acupuncture is an alternative therapy that may reduce stress and tension by applying fine needles to specific areas of your body.
- Cold or hot therapy involves applying a heating pad or ice pack to your head for 5 to 10 minutes multiple times a day.
- Taking a hot bath or shower can help relax tense muscles.
- Avoid stressors whenever possible, and use healthful coping strategies for unavoidable stress.
- Eat regular meals, taking care to maintain stable blood sugar levels.
- Get enough sleep, by following a regular routine and keeping the bedroom cool, dark, and quiet.
- Exercise regularly to boost overall health and lower stress.
- Limit alcohol intake and drink plenty of water.
- Take breaks when working to stretch and prevent eye strain.
EFFECTIVENESS OF ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT:
Acupuncture may help reduce the frequency of headaches, at least in the short-term, and is safe and well tolerated.Many people don’t respond well to drugs prescribed to prevent headaches, so acupuncture is a good alternative.According to a research conducted by the scientists in McMaster University, three months after starting acupuncture treatment, frequent headache sufferers experienced significantly fewer headache days than those receiving routine care or treatment with preventative drugs.
Systematic reviews also showed that acupuncture was safe and well tolerated comparatively. Overall, people receiving acupuncture reported fewer side effects and were less likely to possess an episode of migraine than those receiving drugs. Acupuncture may help reduce the frequency of headaches, a minimum of within the short-term and is safe and well tolerated. Many people don't respond well to the drugs prescribed, hence to stop headaches in their case, acupuncture may be a good alternative.
MECHANISM OF ACUPUNCTURE
Acupuncture seeks to revive the flow of positive energy throughout your body.It also claims to get rid of negative energy that's causing you pain. From a contemporary medical perspective, acupuncture stimulates various systems of your body, which might trigger a healing response.Acupuncture segregates your body into a series of zones and pressure points.Acupuncture needles are inserted into different pressure points, based on your symptoms. These needle points are apparently near the nerves in your body, where the needle stimulates the nerves to release hormones, like endorphins, that trigger a response from your body. This immune and circulation system stimulation is what proponents of acupuncture claim relieves headaches.
BEST CURE FOR HEADACHE
Looking for the best relief for headache in Chennai, here’s why you should reach out to the expert Acupuncturist Dr. Shaji Bharath from the best rated clinic Dr.Bharath’s Acu Heal. He is currently treating patients for a wide range of conditions. As a best acupuncture practitioner with 15 years of experience, and having worked with several neurologists, Dr. Bharath can create the treatment plan for the best cure for headache to manage the condition that's tailored to your needs, which can break a cycle of long-lasting pain in the head and neck. As the top acupuncture doctor in Chennai he has witnessed acupuncture doing wonders for people suffering from headache. The effectiveness rate increases several times just with one course of Acupuncture. So, take some time to find the right pain management and best remedy for acupuncture approach that suits you. Most of the people swear by acupuncture, citing it as a best cure and a ‘miracle’ to improving their quality of life. To contact the top acupuncture doctor in Chennai, Dial: +91 9884746916 or Visit: drbharathsacuheal.com for more details.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE DOCTOR NEAR ME
To choose the Best doctor for Acupuncture, it's important that the Acupuncturist should have a decade of experience and treated at least 1000 to 2000 patients.
You can also search for the Best Acupuncture Doctor near me or ask your primary care physician to refer an experienced Acupuncturist nearby. Once you find the Best Acupuncture Doctor in Chennai, you may go through their google reviews first and then fix an appointment with the doctor only when you are satisfied with the reviews.
The Best Acupuncture Doctor should address your concerns and help you feel more comfortable before your first session. Acupuncture usually takes numerous sessions or several weeks to get a complete cure in any ailment but within 3 or 4 sessions the patients will experience positive differences.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE CLINIC NEAR ME
There are numerous clinics popping up and it is sometimes skeptical to choose the best or even the safe one. To address such concerns, you can look into the following points to choose the best acupuncture clinic for treating headaches. Acupuncture is also offer hospital, pain clinics and by healthcare organizations but it is ideal to visit the best Acupuncture Clinic. If you are not sure, it would be a good idea to contact your local doctor to see if they would be prepared to refer to the best rated acupuncture clinics.Acupuncture is offered in top rated acupuncture clinics near me because conventional treatment has failed or produces unacceptable side effects. Most of the best acupuncture clinics will spell out very clearly what type of acupuncture they practice and how professional they are - at present anyone can set themselves up as an acupuncturist but reputable practitioners will belong to an organization. So while you are filtering the best clinics for acupuncture that treats headaches, you can look out for these factors.Treatment without drugs for headache is possible through acupuncture and it gives the best result.
We have been rewarded a 5-star rating from Google & Practo. You can also check the reviews there.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Many people experience more than one of the various types of headache.Anyone who experiences severe or recurring headaches should consult a doctor.Dial +91 9884746916 or Visit: drbharathsacuheal.com for more details.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Headaches in over 12s: diagnosis and management (NICE guidelines [CG 150]). 2012 (updated 2015)
- Medical News Today-Medically reviewed by Heidi Moawad, M.D. — Written by Dr. Helen Webberley, MBChB, MRCGP, MFSRH — Updated on December 21, 2020
- Vickers A. et al. Acupuncture for chronic headache in primary care: large, pragmatic, randomised trial BMJ 2004;328;744-9
For further clarifications or
to fix an Appointment
Thank you for choosing us
Our experts will get back to you at the earliest
What are the services provided for headaches by Dr. Bharath’s Acu Heal?
Acupuncturist can understand the condition of the disease only after a thorough investigation by pulse and tongue diagnosis. The main reason for headaches is due to emotional stress, constipation, depression, high blood pressure, anxiety, sinusitis, weather conditions, etc. Acupuncture treatment will be given based on the disease’s chronicity and acuteness. In the first few sessions, there will be a positive change in the symptoms and after several sessions, there will be a 90% to 100% chance that the patient will get cured of Headache. Simultaneously the patient will be advised on a diet with food restrictions and exercise regime which includes an induced sound sleep that plays a vital role in reversing the disease.
What are the benefits of acupuncture for headaches?
This is a drugless therapy and there are no side effects. After completing the course of treatment any form of medication can be stopped.
How many sessions do you need for headaches?
It takes around 30 to 40 sessions in a period of 4 to 5 months.