TREATMENT FOR PIMPLE AND MARKS
A pimple is a small pustule or papule. Pimples develop when sebaceous glands, or oil glands, become clogged and infected, leading to swollen, red lesions filled with pus. Also known as spots or zits, pimples are a part of acne. They are most likely to occur around puberty, but they can happen at any age. During puberty, hormone production changes. This can cause the sebaceous glands, located at the base of hair follicles, to become overactive. As a result, pimples are most likely to occur during the teenage years and around menstruation, for women. Pimples most often affect the face, back, chest, and shoulders. This is because there are many sebaceous glands in these areas of skin
Acne vulgaris, the main cause of pimples, affects over 80 percent of teenagers. After the age of 25 years, it affects 3 percent of men and 12 percent of women. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, acne is the most common skin condition in the U.S. Although acne isn’t a life-threatening condition, it can be painful, particularly when it’s severe. It can also cause emotional distress. Acupuncture is the effective treatment for acne that reduces both the number of pimples you get and your chance of scarring.
Pimple occurs when the pores of your skin become blocked with oil, dead skin, or bacteria.
Each pore of your skin is the opening to a follicle. The follicle is made up of a hair and a sebaceous gland.
The sebaceous gland releases sebum (oil), which travels up the hair, out of the pore, and onto your skin. The sebum keeps your skin lubricated and soft.
One or more problems in this lubrication process can cause acne. It can occur when:
- too much oil is produced by your follicles
- dead skin cells accumulate in your pores
- dead skin cells accumulate in your pores
These problems contribute to the development of pimples. A pimple appears when bacteria grows in a clogged pore and the oil is unable to escape.
Since acne appears to stem from a complex interaction of nutrients, hormones, and other factors, it is difficult to pinpoint exactly what causes pimples to worsen.
If acne and pimples start to affect a person’s quality of life and self esteem, a doctor or dermatologist can often help
TYPES OF PIMPLES
There are several different types of pimples, and they have different signs and symptoms:
Whiteheads : Also known as a closed comedo, these are small pimples that remain under the skin. They appear as a small, flesh-colored papule.
Blackheads Also known as an open comedo, these are clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are black or dark brown, due to the oxidation of melanin, the skin’s pigment.
Some people mistakenly believe they are caused by dirt, because of their color, and scrub their faces vigorously. Scrubbing does not help. It may irritate the skin and cause other problems
Papules : These are small, solid, rounded bumps that rise from the skin. They are often pink.
Pustules These are pimples full of pus. They are clearly visible on the surface of the skin. The base is red and the pus is on the top.
Nodules : These have a similar structure to papules, but they are larger. They can be painful and are embedded deep in the skin.
Cysts : These are clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are filled with pus and are usually painful. Cysts commonly cause scars.
Mild Acne :Acne falls into the "mild" category if you have fewer than 20 whiteheads or blackheads, fewer than 15 inflamed bumps, or fewer than 30 total lesions. Mild acne is usually treated with over-the-counter topical medicine. It may take up to eight weeks to see a significant improvement.
Moderate Acne :If you have 20 to 100 whiteheads or blackheads, 15 to 50 inflamed bumps, or 30 to 125 total lesions, your acne is considered moderate. Acupuncturists usually treat moderate to severe acne. It may take several weeks to notice an improvement.
Severe Nodulocystic Acne :People with severe nodulocystic acne have multiple inflamed cysts and nodules. The acne may turn deep red or purple. It often leaves scars. Prompt treatment by an acupuncturist can minimize scarring. In some cases, a doctor may inject corticosteroids directly into nodules and cysts to reduce the size and painful inflammation.
Acne Conglobata :Acne conglobata is one of the most severe forms of acne. It involves many inflamed nodules that are connected under the skin to other nodules. It can affect the neck, chest, arms, and buttocks. It often leaves scars. This type of acne is more common in men and is sometimes caused by taking steroids or testosterone. Timely treatment by an Acupuncturist is essential.
Acne Mechanica :Acne mechanica is caused by heat, friction, and pressure against the skin, often the result of wearing sports gear such as a helmet or baseball cap. It is sometimes called "sports-induced acne" because it occurs frequently in athletes. Preventive measures include wearing an absorbent material under sports equipment and showering immediately after activity.
SYMPTOMS OF PIMPLES
- Persistent, recurrent red spots or swelling on the skin, generally known as pimples; the swelling may become inflamed and fill with pus. They typically appear on the face, chest, shoulders, neck, or upper portion of the back
- Dark spots with open pores at the center (blackheads)
- Tiny white bumps under the skin that have no obvious opening (whiteheads)
- Red swellings or lumps (known as papules) that are visibly filled with pus
- Nodules or lumps under the skin that are inflamed, fluid-filled, and often tender; these nodules may become as large as an inch across.
Risk factors for Pimple include:
- Heredity : If one of your parents had severe acne, it is likely that your acne will be more difficult to control.
- Pressure In some patients, pressure from helmets, chin straps, collars, suspenders, and the like can aggravate acne.
- Drugs : Some medications may cause or worsen acne, such as those containing iodides, bromides, or oral or injected steroids (either the medically prescribed prednisone [Deltasone, Orasone, Prednisone-M, Liquid Pred] or the steroids that bodybuilders or athletes sometimes take). Other drugs that can cause or aggravate acne are anticonvulsant medications and lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid). Most cases of acne, however, are not drug-related.
- Occupations : In some jobs, exposure to industrial products like cutting oils may produce acne.
- Hormonal changes. Androgens are hormones that increase in boys and girls during puberty and cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge and make more sebum. Hormone changes during midlife, particularly in women, can lead to breakouts too.
- Diet. Studies indicate that consuming certain foods — including carbohydrate-rich foods, such as bread, bagels and chips — may worsen acne. Further study is needed to examine whether people with acne would benefit from following specific dietary restrictions.
- Stress. Stress doesn't cause acne, but if you have acne already, stress may make it worse.
- Age. People of all ages can get acne, but it's most common in teenagers.
- Greasy or oily substances. You may develop acne where your skin comes into contact with oil or oily lotions and creams.
The best treatment for pimples and its marks can only be done after proper diagnosis.If you have acne, a doctor can diagnose you by looking at your breakouts. During your appointment, a doctor will also note what types of acne you have and where the breakouts appear on your skin. This helps your doctor create an effective treatment plan.
Sometimes what looks like acne isn’t acne. While rare, what looks like acne can be another condition. For example, some people mistake hidradenitis suppurativa, also called acne inversa, for everyday acne. Treatment for this condition differs from that for acne.
Seeing a board-certified doctor can be reassuring. Whether you have stubborn acne or another condition, a board-certified doctor can diagnose you and create a treatment plan tailored to your needs
People with darker skin types are more likely than are people with lighter skin to experience these acne complications:
- Scars. Pitted skin (acne scars) and thick scars (keloids) can remain long-term after acne has healed.
- Skin changes. After acne has cleared, the affected skin may be darker (hyperpigmented) or lighter (hypopigmented) than before the condition occurred.
It’s difficult to prevent acne. But you can take steps at home to help prevent acne after treatment. These steps include:
- washing your face twice a day with an oil-free cleanser
- using an over-the-counter acne cream to remove excess oil
- avoiding makeup that contains oil
- removing makeup and cleaning your skin thoroughly before bed
- showering after exercising
- avoiding tight-fitting clothing
- eating a healthy diet with minimal refined sugars
- reducing stress
- Cosmetics : Some cosmetics and skincare products are pore-clogging. Of the many available brands of skincare products, it is important to read the list of ingredients and choose those which have water listed first or second if one is concerned about acne. These "water-based" products are usually best for those with acne. Speak with your doctor to learn more about strategies to manage your acne.
CONVENTIONAL TREATMENT FOR ACNE(PIMPLE)
Moderation and regularity are good things, but not everyone can sleep eight hours, eat three healthy meals per day, and drink plenty of water a day. Probably the most useful lifestyle changes one can make is to never to pick or squeeze pimples. Playing with or popping pimples, no matter how careful and clean one is, nearly always makes bumps stay redder and bumpier longer. People often refer to redness as "scarring," but fortunately, it usually isn't permanent. It's just a mark that takes months to fade if left entirely alone.
OPEN THE PORES
Occasional visits to an esthetician who is an expert at safely removing blackheads during a facial can be beneficial.
CLEANSING AND SKIN CARE
Despite what one might read in popular style and fashion magazines, there is no magic product or regimen that is right for every person and situation.
- Mild cleansers : Washing once or twice a day with a mild cleansing bar or liquid (for example, Dove, Neutrogena, Basis, Purpose, and Cetaphil are all inexpensive and popular) will keep the skin clean and minimize sensitivity and irritation.
- Exfoliating cleansers and masks : A variety of mild scrubs, exfoliants, and masks can be used. These products may contain salicylic acid in a concentration that makes it a very mild peeling agent. These products remove the outer layer of the skin and thus open pores. Products containing glycolic or alpha hydroxy acids are also gentle skin exfoliants.
- Retinol : Not to be confused with the prescription medication Retin-A, this derivative of vitamin A can help promote skin peeling.
- Antibacterial cleansers: The most popular ingredient in over-the-counter antibacterial cleansers is benzoyl peroxide.
- Topical (external) applications: Antibacterial cleansers come in the form of gels, creams, and lotions that are applied to the affected area. The active ingredients that kill surface bacteria include benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, and resorcinol.
Benzoyl peroxide causes red and scaly skin irritation in a small number of people, which goes away as soon as one stops using the product. Keep in mind that benzoyl peroxide is a bleach, so do not let products containing benzoyl peroxide come into contact with fabrics, leaving unsightly white spots on colored clothes, shirts, towels, and carpets.
REDUCE EXCESS OIL
One cannot stop oil glands from producing oil. Even isotretinoin only slows down oil glands for a while; they resume normal activity later. It is possible to get rid of oil on the surface of the skin and reduce the appearance of shine.
- Use a gentle astringent/toner to wipe away oil.
- Products containing glycolic acid or one of the other alpha hydroxy acids are also helpful in clearing the skin by causing the superficial layer of the skin to peel.
- Masks containing sulfur and other ingredients draw out facial oil
- Antibacterial pads containing benzoyl peroxide have the additional benefit of helping to wipe away oil.
The best remedies listed below may benefit acne-prone skin, but no studies exist on their ability to treat pimples:
- Witch hazel. Applying witch hazel to the skin has been shown to fight bacteria and reduce inflammation, which could help prevent pimples.
- Apple cider vinegar. The organic acids in apple cider vinegar may help kill acne-causing bacteria and reduce the appearance of scars.
- Limit dairy intake. Two large studies reported that people who drank more milk tended to have more pimples, but more research is needed.
- Try a honey and cinnamon mask. Honey and cinnamon have antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties, so they may benefit acne-prone skin when applied to it.
- Reduce stress. Some studies have linked stress to an increase in acne severity. Ask your healthcare provider about relaxation techniques and lifestyle changes that might help you reduce your stress levels.
- A corticosteroid injection If you have a large, extremely painful and deep acne breakout, a dermatologist can inject it with a corticosteroid. This can rapidly relieve the pain and the size of the breakout. While effective, this treatment is reserved for treating a few severe acne breakouts. Using it more than a few times can cause side effects.
BEST TREATMENT FOR PIMPLES
Acupuncture is the best treatment for pimples that can help you end the frustration of your breakouts and achieve clear, healthy skin. Acupuncture, like so many other things, requires consistency, so you’ll have to go for a while to see results.Usually, an acupuncture session once a week for one to three months can lead to some powerful results.Acupuncture had a 94.17% total treatment efficacy rate for patients with acne. Acupuncture is safe and effective and is the best remedy for the treatment of acne. The results are published in a paper entitled Efficacy of Acupuncture Treatment of Acne.Consistent and frequent acupuncture treatment yields significant positive results for patients with acne
CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS OF PIMPLES AND ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT
Going to an acupuncture appointment is a little bit different than going to your medical doctor appointment. You’ll have a (pretty in-depth) conversation with your acupuncturist about almost every element of your life—from what you eat, to how you’re feeling and sleeping. They’ll also take your pulse and ask to stick out your tongue so they can examine it and come up with a treatment plan based on this evaluation.A first time appointment will usually run around an hour and a half.
Because acupuncture gets to the root of the problem, a major part of using it to treat acne requires detecting the source of the skin's inflammation. The region of the face where the patient is breaking out indicates what is actually going on in their body. "For instance, chin breakouts may be caused by an imbalance in the stomach. Breakouts near or around the mouth are symptoms of hormonal imbalance. Forehead acne is usually related to digestive problems, while lower cheek breakouts are potentially due to respiratory congestion, and is usually found with smokers."
Inflammation is an insidious factor in many serious diseases. Skin issues are one of the main and easiest to observe the manifestations of inflammation in the body. The tongue can be inspected to see the level of inflammation and which organs are off balance and causing skin problems, explaining that it's usually the liver, lung, and digestive systems that are off.
Acupuncturists look at the body as a whole. When diagnosing a patient, it is imperative to take a full-body analysis to determine which organ is specifically out of harmony and needs to be brought back into harmony
EFFECTIVENESS OF ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT
The body has a symphony of invisible superhighways known as meridians, freeways of information that can become blocked and thus, need to be cleared and balanced.
Stainless steel needles are inserted into energy points along the body.The needle acts as a dial, recalibrating, reinvigorating and unblocking those meridians. The energetic information is then freely carried throughout the body to nourish the organs and stimulate the peripheral nervous system.This is so important to the practice because the theory behind acupuncture is that almost all diseases arise from blockages and imbalances in the body, so by unblocking these stagnations, we are bringing the body back into harmony with itself.
MECHANISM OF ACUPUNCTURE
The research provides insight into Traditional Chinese Medicine principles relative to the treatment. LI11 belongs to the large intestine and Yangming meridian. Yangming meridians contain more qi and blood than other meridians. Thus, stimulating LI11 dissipates wind and heat. LI4 belongs to the large intestine meridian and is a Yuan point. When it is stimulated, heat can be removed and lung qi can be regulated. The large intestine meridian connects to the lung meridian, so using reducing manipulation techniques on LI4 removes heat in the lungs.
ST25 belongs to the stomach foot Yangming meridian and is also a Mu point of the large intestine. Needling this point reduces heat in the large intestine and lungs. SP10 can also help to clear toxicity and heat. CV6 , which literally means the sea of qi, can be used with tonification manipulation to activate qi and blood. LR3 is on the liver meridian. It is a Shu point as well as a Yuan point. Thus, the point contains abundant qi and blood. When reducing manipulation is used on the point, heat in the liver is significantly reduced. When there is no overabundance of heat in the liver and in the lungs, the skin problem can be cured. The foot Yangming stomach meridian travels over the face; needling points on the area can activate qi and blood, thereby helping the skin to dredge toxicity, heat, and dampness.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine principles, GV14 , BL13 , and BL17 are effective for the treatment of inflammation. Cupping can be used on the acupoints to activate essence-qi in the Yang meridians, so that qi and blood circulation can be smoothed, and toxicity can be broken down.
ACUPUNCTURE FOR PIMPLES
When it feels like you’ve tried every drugstore remedy, every derm-prescribed cream, and every high-end potion available, it’s only natural to be curious about the treatments alternative medicine can offer. Acupuncture, the ancient Chinese medicine practice of inserting hair-thin stainless steel needles into key points along the body, is one alternative treatment and the best remedy that is growing more and more popular for cosmetic concerns like acne.
Traditional Chinese medicine concepts believe that a healthy body will naturally decelerate the progression of aging, both internally and externally,”
“Each area of the face corresponds to different organs in our body, which gives us clues to tailor the treatment. For example, dark circles under the eyes can signify subpar functioning of the kidney and adrenal glands.”
When it comes to Pimples, these can be linked to toxins and phlegm in the body, which acupuncture can help reduce.
In Chinese medicine, we focus on using acupuncture points that help the skin self-regulate its sebum production in a healthy way.
Acupuncturist Dr. Shaji Bharath , says acupuncture can be a way to help mitigate stress, and stress can exacerbate acne. He says “I often advise my patients to find their 'zen zone' in hopes that stress reduction will reduce acne and other skin inflammation.According to Traditional Chinese Medicine principles, the disease is caused by three factors: heat, toxicity, and dampness. If there is exuberant heat in the lungs and stomach, it will flood upward to the face and cause acne. If there is greasy and spicy food in the stomach, it can transform into heat and dampness — and sometimes toxicity.
Acupuncture treatment is of great importance. Acupuncture cannot only regulate the meridian system. When a local area is needled, the activity of the follicle can also be regulated. The follicle produces less oil, and the lesion becomes easier to recover.” The combination of TCM external therapy with acupuncture provides optimal patient outcomes. “Acupuncture doesn’t lead to drug resistance like biomedicine, and it can be used along with other TCM therapies to strengthen the efficacy. Acupuncture treatment can activate qi and blood, and soften the mass and scars and gives best relief for pimples and its marks
BEST CURE FOR PIMPLES
Looking for the best relief for Pimples in Chennai, here’s why you should reach out to the expert Acupuncturist Dr. Shaji Bharath from the best rated clinic Dr.Bharath’s Acu Heal. He is currently treating patients for a wide range of conditions. As a best acupuncture practitioner with 15 years of experience, and having worked with several Medical Professionals, Dr.Bharath can create the treatment plan for the best cure for Pimples and its marks to manage the condition that's tailored to your needs, which can break a cycle of repeated skin outbursts. As the top acupuncture doctor for skin conditions in Chennai, he has witnessed acupuncture doing wonders on people suffering from skin issues. The effectiveness rate increases several times just with one course of Acupuncture and a specialized expertise in dermatology and other skin disorders are warranted. So, take some time to find the right management for skin and the best remedy for acupuncture approach that suits you. Most of the people swear by acupuncture, citing it as a best cure and a ‘miracle’ in improving their quality of life.
Dial: +91 9884746916 or Visit: drbharathsacuheal.com for more details on treating all types of acnes and its marks using Acupuncture,by contacting the top acupuncture doctor in Chennai.
TREAT PIMPLES AND ITS MARKS WITHOUT LASER TREATMENT
Studies show that laser and light devices can help to clear acne. This type of treatment works best when combined with other acne treatment. But there are lots of side effects like other cosmetic procedures, laser skin resurfacing does pose the risk for side effects.
Whereas, Acupuncture is safe and very affordable. Though the treatment takes some time to prove its efficacy, you can witness the remarkable changes in the few weeks of sessions. Acupuncture is the best remedy and natural treatment for pimples and its marks with no side effects.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE DOCTOR NEAR ME
To choose the Best doctor for Acupuncture, it's important that the Acupuncturist should have a decade of experience and treated at least 1000 to 2000 patients.
You can also search for the Best Acupuncture Doctor near me or ask your primary care physician to refer an experienced Acupuncturist nearby. Once you find the Best Acupuncture Doctor in Chennai, you may go through their google reviews first and then fix an appointment with the doctor only when you are satisfied with the reviews.
The Best Acupuncture Doctor should address your concerns and help you feel more comfortable before your first session. Acupuncture usually takes numerous sessions or several weeks to get a complete cure in any ailment but within 3 or 4 sessions the patients will experience positive differences.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE CLINIC NEAR ME
Owing to the demand for the treatment, there are numerous clinics popping up and it is sometimes skeptical to choose the best or even the safe one. To address such concerns, you can look into the following points to choose the best acupuncture clinic for pimples and its marks. Acupuncture is also offered in hospital pain clinics and by healthcare organizations but it is ideal to visit the best Acupuncture Clinic for pimples and its marks. If you are not sure, it would be a good idea to contact your local doctor to see if they would be prepared to refer to the best rated acupuncture clinics. For example in cases where a patient specifically requests acupuncture for pimples, or where it is felt that acupuncture would complement conventional treatment. In some cases acupuncture is offered in top rated acupuncture clinics near me because conventional treatment has failed or produces unacceptable side effects.
Most of the best acupuncture clinics for pimples and its marks will spell out very clearly
- what type of acupuncture they practice
- how much they charge
- how professional they are - at present anyone can set themselves up as an acupuncturist but reputable practitioners will belong to an organization
- whether the premises are hygienic and smart
- what other therapies they offer
So while you are filtering the best clinics for acupuncture that treats pimples and its marks, you can look out for these factors.
We have been rewarded a 5-star rating from Google & Practo. You can also check the reviews there.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Pimples are a common problem that can be frustrating to treat.
Conventional treatments can cause redness, dryness, or irritation, and many natural alternatives just don’t seem to work.
The remedies in this article might not work for everyone but could be worth a try.
But, if you live with severe acne, you may still want to consult a doctor, You can book an appointment with our Acupuncturist using our email id drbharathsacuheal.com.
- Wang Xiugang. Efficacy of Acupuncture Treatment of Acne. Asia-Pacific Traditional Medicine. 2011, 07(5):41-42.
- Gao Yang, Qin Qingguang, Jin Yujing. Professor Liu Huisheng in Treating Acne with Acupuncture. China Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2010, 25(4):663-664.
- Dawson, Annelise L.; Dellavalle, Roberta P. (May 2013). "Acne vulgaris". BMJ (Review). 346 (5).
For further clarifications or
to fix an Appointment
Thank you for choosing us
Our experts will get back to you at the earliest
What are the services provided for pimples by Dr. Bharath’s Acu Heal?
A pimple is a small pustule or papule. Pimples develop when sebaceous glands, or oil glands, become clogged and infected, leading to swollen, red lesions filled with pus. Also known as spots or zits, pimples are a part of acne. It mostly happens during adolescent period due to hormonal changes.
Acupuncture treatment will be given to cure this condition.In the first few sessions, positive changes in symptoms may be experienced and after several more sessions there are 90 to 100% chance that the patient be cured of the disease .
This treatment will help in inducing sound sleep which will help and play a vital role in reversing this condition. Simultaneously the patient will be advised on a diet and exercise regime..
What are the benefits of acupuncture for pimples ?
This is a drugless therapy and there are no side effects. During or after completing the course of treatment any form of medication if any may be stopped.
How many sessions do you need for pimples?
It takes around 20 sessions (approx) in a period of 2 months time.