TREATMENT FOR FEET NUMBNESS
A person may feel numbness in their legs and feet due to sitting in a position that puts too much pressure on the nerves or reduces blood flow. However, long-lasting or unexplained numbness may be a sign of an underlying medical condition.The sensation may be felt in the whole leg, below the knee, or in different areas of the foot.
CAUSES OF NUMBNESS IN FEET
- alcoholism or chronic alcohol abuse
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease
- diabetes and diabetic neuropathy
- Guillain-Barré syndrome
- herniated disk
- Lyme disease
- Morton’s neuroma
- multiple sclerosis
- peripheral arterial disease
- peripheral vascular disease
- side effect of chemotherapy medications
- spinal cord injury
- vasculitis or inflammation of the blood vessels
- Lower back issues and sciatica
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome
- Tumors or other abnormal growths
- Stokes and mini-strokes
The chief symptom for numbness in your foot is losing sensation in your foot. This affects your sense of touch and balance because you can’t feel your foot’s position against the ground.
While sensation loss is the main symptom of numbness in your foot, you may experience some additional, abnormal sensations. These include:
- pins-and-needles sensation
- weak-feeling foot or feet
- a crawling feeling under the skin
SEEK MEDICAL HELP FOR NUMBNESS IN FEET IF,
Seek immediate medical attention if you experience the following symptoms as well as numbness in your foot:
- difficulty talking
- loss of bladder or bowel control
- numbness that begins in a matter of minutes or hours
- numbness that involves multiple parts of the body
- numbness that occurs after a head injury
- evere headache
- trouble breathing
While not always an emergency, a combination of foot numbness and these symptoms can be a sign of:
- transient ischemic attack (also known as TIA or “mini-stroke”)
COMPLICATION OF FEET NUMBNESS
Feet numbness can be due to serious diseases, failure to seek treatment can result in complications and permanent damage such as:
- Inability to walk
- Permanent loss of sensation
- Permanent pain
DIAGNOSIS OF FEET NUMBNESS
Diagnosing foot numbness depends upon how severe your symptoms are.Some studies your doctor may order include:
- Medical history
- computed tomography (CT) scan
- magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- nerve conduction studies, which measure how well nerves conduct electric currents
The proper treatment for numb legs and feet depends entirely on the cause.
- Gabapentin and pregabalin
Home remedies that may help to relieve uncomfortable numbness in the legs and feet include:
- Rest foot numbness improves with rest.
- Ice Ice can help reduce swelling that can put pressure on nerves.
- Heat Heat can sometimes help loosen stiff, sore, or tense muscles that can put pressure on nerves and cause numbness.
- Massage Massaging numb legs and feet helps improve blood flow and may reduce symptoms.
- Exercise Activities such as yoga, Pilates, and tai chi can promote blood flow and relieve the numbness in feet.
- Supportive devices Braces and specially designed footwear can help reduce nerve pressure caused by conditions such as injury, tarsal tunnel syndrome, or flat feet.
- Epsom salt baths Epsom salts contain magnesium, a compound known to increase blood flow and circulation.
- Mental techniques and stress reduction People with conditions that cause chronic numbness should try to focus on the fact that the periods of numbness are often short-lived and go away on their own.
- Sleep Many of the chronic conditions associated with leg and feet numbness are known to worsen with a lack of proper sleep.
- A healthful, balanced diet Malnutrition, especially vitamin B deficiencies, can cause nerve damage leading to numbness. Getting enough vitamins and other nutrients can also reduce numbness, chronic inflammation and pain.
- Alcohol reduction or avoidances
BEST TREATMENT FOR FEET NUMBNESS
Acupuncture is an effective treatment modality for patients with feet numbness. Independent investigations confirm that acupuncture is more effective than usual care, including anti-inflammatory medications. Acupuncture successfully alleviates pain, inflammation, numbness, and restores motor dexterity and is the best remedy for feet numbness.
EFFECTIVENESS OF ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT:
People use acupuncture since it is one of the best remedies that help to treat a variety of neurological issues, including headaches, pressure, pain and numbness. This treatment is meant to focus on the present congestion while strengthening your system and cause less reaction in the future. Acupuncture is said to have some advantages over several available drugs and helps in providing treatments without drugs as well. The benefits of Acupuncture are immediate relief from symptoms, reduced chances of recurrence.
By stimulating the nerves located in muscles and other tissues, acupuncture leads to release of endorphins and other neurohumoral factors and helps to change the processing of pain in the brain and spinal cord, acting as an effective remedy for feet numbness.
Acupuncture reduces inflammation, by promoting the release of vascular and immunomodulatory factors providing the best relief for feet numbness.
MECHANISM OF ACUPUNCTURE
If qi-energy and blood don’t flow properly, it prevents cells and tissues from receiving nourishment and can lead to pain and functional problems. In addition, depending on the symptoms experienced, there may be specific meridians that are also affected by the condition. This can affect where the pain and numbness are occurring and can also be responsible for accompanying symptoms. Acupuncture treatment typically will involve both local points to treat the meridians affected and the symptoms experienced, combined with points for strengthening and building up the body to augment qi-energy and blood.Acupoint chosen are LR 4, LU 5, LI 11, and KI 27 for traditional reasons—left LR 4 and LU 5 are Oketsu points and LI 11 is an immune point.The remainder of the points were chosen for their proximity to peripheral nerves. In this way, acupuncture can help to relieve many of the symptoms experienced, as well as help to strengthen the body and improve health to improve the functioning of the nerves and the body as a whole. Acupuncture shows promising results for those suffering from feet numbness. Studies have demonstrated that acupuncture may help to improve nerve conduction, and the World Health Organization recognizes acupuncture as a useful therapy for neurological symptoms.Acupuncture treatments may have a lasting positive impact on numbness in feet and quality of life.
BEST CURE FOR FEET NUMBNESS
Dr. Shaji Bharath, the best Acupuncturist from the best rated clinic Dr.Bharath’s Acu Heal gives the best relief for feet numbness. He is currently treating patients for a wide range of conditions. As a best acupuncture practitioner with 15 years of experience, and having worked with several Neurologists, Dr. Bharath can create the treatment plan for the best cure for feet numbness to manage the condition that's tailored to your needs, which can break a cycle of long-lasting numbness or ‘pin and needle’ sensation in your feet. As the top acupuncture doctor in Chennai he has witnessed acupuncture doing wonders on people suffering from numbness. So, take some time to find the right pain management and best remedy for acupuncture approach that suits you.Most people can treat the problem with home care and medicines but the better option for immediate results for feet numbness is acupuncture.
Dial: +91 9884746916 or Visit: drbharathsacuheal.com for more details on treating feet numbness using Acupuncture,by contacting the top acupuncture doctor in Chennai.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE DOCTOR NEAR ME
To choose the Best doctor for Acupuncture, it's important that the Acupuncturist should have a decade of experience and treated at least 1000 to 2000 patients.
You can also search for the Best Acupuncture Doctor near me or ask your primary care physician to refer an experienced Acupuncturist nearby. Once you find the Best Acupuncture Doctor in Chennai, you may go through their google reviews first and then fix an appointment with the doctor only when you are satisfied with the reviews.
The Best Acupuncture Doctor should address your concerns and help you feel more comfortable before your first session. Acupuncture usually takes numerous sessions or several weeks to get a complete cure in any ailment but within 3 or 4 sessions the patients will experience positive differences.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT NEAR ME
There are numerous clinics popping up and it is sometimes skeptical to choose the best or even the safe one. To address such concerns, you can look into the following points to choose the best acupuncture clinic for treating feet numbness. Acupuncture is also offered in hospital pain clinics and by healthcare organizations but it is ideal to visit the best Acupuncture Clinic. If you are not sure, it would be a good idea to contact your local doctor to see if they would be prepared to refer to the best rated acupuncture clinics.Acupuncture is offered in top rated acupuncture clinics near me because conventional treatment has failed or produces unacceptable side effects.
Most of the best acupuncture clinics for feet numbness will spell out very clearly
- what type of acupuncture they practice
- how much they charge
- how professional they are - at present anyone can set themselves up as an acupuncturist but reputable practitioners will belong to an organization
- whether the premises are hygienic and smart
- what other therapies they offer
So while you are filtering the best clinics for acupuncture that treats feet numbness, you can look out for these factors.
We have been rewarded a 5-star rating from Google & Practo. You can also check the reviews there.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Numbness in the legs and feet is a common disorder, though when it becomes chronic, it may be a sign of an underlying medical condition. Anyone who experiences numbness that is unexplained, persistent, frequent, painful, disabling,getting worse or accompanied by other chronic symptoms should see a doctor for a diagnosis and to discuss treatment options.
Diabetes is a common cause of foot numbness because the metabolic changes can cause nerve damage.If you have diabetes or feet numbness, Dial: +91 9884746916 or Visit: drbharathsacuheal.com make an appointment to see the doctor.
- Martyn CN, Hughes RA. Epidemiology of peripheral neuropathy. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1997;62(4):310–318
- Yu J, Cui Z. Clinical study of diabetic peripheral neuropathy treated by acupuncture. Int J Clin Acupunct. 2001;12(4):315–318
- Gordon Smith A, Robinson Singleton J. Idiopathic neuropathy, prediabetes and metabolic syndrome. J Neurol Sci. 2006;242(1–2):9–14
For further clarifications or
to fix an Appointment
Thank you for choosing us
Our experts will get back to you at the earliest
What are the services provided for feet numbness by Dr. Bharath’s Acu Heal?
A long-lasting or unexplained numbness may be a sign of an underlying medical condition. The sensation may be felt in the whole leg, below the knee, or in different areas of the foot.
The treatment will be given based on the disease’s chronicity and acuteness. In the first few sessions, positive changes in symptoms may be experienced and after several more sessions there are 90 to 100% chance that the patient be cured of the disease .
This treatment will help in inducing sound sleep which will help and play a vital role in reversing this ailments. Simultaneously the patient will be advised on a diet and exercise regime.
What are the benefits of acupuncture for feet numbness?
This is a drugless therapy and there are no side effects. During or after completing the course of treatment any form of medication if any can be stopped.
How many sessions do you need for feet numbness?
It takes around 30 to 40 sessions in a period of 4 to 5 months.