TREATMENT FOR HYPERTHYROIDISM
Hyperthyroidism (excessive thyroid hormone) is a condition in which there is an excessive amount of thyroid hormones.Thyroid hormones include thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3). T3 is actually the most active thyroid hormone. Much of the T4 is converted to T3 in the bloodstream.Thyroid hormones regulate the metabolism of the cells.Normally, the rate of thyroid hormone production is controlled by the brain from the pituitary gland, which is in turn regulated by the hypothalamus.
symptoms of hyperthyroidism include:
- elevated blood pressure
- excessive sweating
- develop a low tolerance for heat
- frequent bowel movements
- increased appetite
- hand tremors
- inability to concentrate
- difficulty sleeping
- fine, brittle hair
- hair loss
- nausea and vomiting
- breast development in men
- irregular menstrual cycles in women
- weight loss
- Protruded eyes
The following symptoms require immediate medical attention:
- shortness of breath
- loss of consciousness
- fast, irregular heart rate
Some common causes of hyperthyroidism include:
- Graves' Disease
- Functioning adenoma and toxic multinodular goiter (TMNG)
- Excessive intake of thyroid hormones
- Abnormal secretion of TSH
- Thyroiditis (inflammation of the thyroid gland)
- Excessive iodine intake
- Doctor will get a complete medical history and physical exam.
- Cholesterol test
- Thyroid hormone test-T4, free T4, T3
- Thyroid stimulating hormone level test
- Triglyceride test
- Thyroid scan and uptake
- CT or MRI scans
Risk factors for hyperthyroidism, include:
- A family history, particularly of Graves' disease
- Female sex
- A personal history of type 1 diabetes
- Have a family history of thyroid disease
- Have pernicious anemia (a vitamin B12 deficiency)
- Have primary adrenal insufficiency, also known as Addison’s disease (a disorder where your adrenal glands don’t produce enough hormones, such as cortisol)
- Consume an iodine-rich diet or medications containing iodine (like amiodarone)
- Are over the age of 60
- Were pregnant within the past 6 months
- Had thyroid surgery or a thyroid problem such as a goiter also known as a swollen thyroid gland
Hyperthyroidism can lead to a number of complications:
- Heart problems. Some of the most serious complications of hyperthyroidism involve the heart. These include a rapid heart rate, a heart rhythm disorder called atrial fibrillation that increases your risk of stroke, and congestive heart failure — a condition in which your heart can't circulate enough blood to meet your body's needs
- Brittle bones. Untreated hyperthyroidism can also lead to weak, brittle bones (osteoporosis). The strength of your bones depends, in part, on the amount of calcium and other minerals they contain. Too much thyroid hormone interferes with your body's ability to incorporate calcium into your bones.
- Eye problems. People with Graves' ophthalmopathy develop eye problems, including bulging, red or swollen eyes, sensitivity to light, and blurring or double vision. Untreated, severe eye problems can lead to vision loss.
- Red, swollen skin. In rare cases, people with Graves' disease develop Graves' dermopathy. This affects the skin, causing redness and swelling, often on the shins and feet.
- Thyrotoxic crisis. Hyperthyroidism also places you at risk of thyrotoxic crisis — a sudden intensification of your symptoms, leading to a fever, a rapid pulse and even delirium. If this occurs, seek immediate medical care.
- Medication-Antithyroid medications, such as methimazole (Tapazole), stop the thyroid from making hormones. They are a common treatment.
- Radioactive iodine-It effectively destroys the cells that produce hormones.Common side effects include dry mouth, dry eyes, sore throat, and changes in taste. Precautions may need to be taken for a short time after treatment to prevent radiation spread to others.
- Surgery-A section or all of your thyroid gland may be surgically removed. You will then have to take thyroid hormone supplements to prevent hypothyroidism, which occurs when you have an underactive thyroid that secretes too little hormone. Also, beta-blockers such as propranolol can help control your rapid pulse, sweating, anxiety, and high blood pressure. Most people respond well to this treatment.
BEST TREATMENT FOR HYPERTHYROIDISM
Acupuncture is a viable treatment option for hyperthyroidism and reports prove that acupuncture could also be helpful in rectifying hormonal imbalances, including thyroid disorders.Acupuncture is considered as the best remedy for the hyperthyroid problems.
As with any disease or disorder, traditional Chinese medicine regards as being caused by an imbalance of yin (loosely defined as structure) and yang (function) in the body. The goal of Chinese medicine is to achieve a balance between these two forces.Hence, hyperthyroidism can be treated without surgery and Acupuncture can be the best relief for Hyperthyroidism.
Effectiveness of Acupuncture treatment
Traditional Chinese Medicine has a holistic perspective in the development of diagnostic impressions and treatment procedures for every patient. The purpose of Traditional Chinese Medicine is to awaken the natural ability of the body to heal itself.Acupuncture gives the best relief for hyperthyroid problems.Acupuncture as part of the Traditional Chinese Medicine can give very satisfying and long-term positive results in the treatment of hyperthyroidism. Acupuncture points apart from 8 extraordinary points used in the treatment are: DU14, DU20, LI4, ST9, GB20, BL15, BL20, BL23, DU4, RN4, RN6, SP9, SP6, KI3, ST36, LR2 and Ashi points located on the neck (front and back). The patient will continuewith the treatments until the condition is totally stabilized and the condition will be followed up in the coming period. Acupuncture as part of Traditional Chinese Medicine can give very satisfying and long-term positive results in the treatment of hyperthyroidism.
Mechanism of Acupuncture
The main problem of hyperthyroidism is considered to rise from the Liver. Liver blockage can be because of anger, too much spicy food which makes the Liver hot and makes the Heat to rise,phlegm accumulation which causes blockages in the throat and causes goiter and others. Also,some doctors think that hyperthyroidism starts with an excess Fire syndrome which later crosses to Yin-deficiency Fire. Most of the hyperthyroidism symptoms are characteristic for Yin deficiency syndrome (hyperactivity, heart palpitation, heightened appetite, etc). If the hyperthyroidism occurs due to sudden psychic trauma or long-term depression, the liver cannot regulate properly the flow of the blood and vital energy, the Qi is stagnated and fails to transport the fluids. Then the fluids are accumulated and transformed into phlegm which then obstruct the Qi in the neck and gradually induce goiter.The main goal of the treatment is to replenish the vital energy and the Yang energy, increase the Yin energy, calm down the excessive heat, removing the heat from the organs, especially the Liver, nourish the affected organs, soften the thyroid masses, restore the Qi energy,balance the hormones, improve the immune system and other.The treatment for hyperthyroid is usually very slow and long-term, which takes a lot of patience and persistence. The condition gets better gradually and after the normalization is achieved, usually all the hormonal medications are stopped and there’s no relapse of the condition.Acupuncture as part of the Traditional Chinese Medicine can give very satisfying and long-term positive results in the treatment of Hyperthyroidism.
BEST CURE FOR HYPERTHYROIDISM
Dr. Shaji Bharath, the best Acupuncturist from the best rated clinic Dr.Bharath’s Acu Heal gives the best relief for hyperthyroidism. He is currently treating patients for a wide range of conditions. As a best acupuncture practitioner with 15 years of experience, and having worked with several endocrinologists, Dr. Bharath can create the treatment plan for the best cure for hyperthyroid to manage the condition that's tailored to your needs. As the top acupuncture doctor in Chennai he has witnessed acupuncture doing wonders on people suffering from hyperthyroidism. So, take some time to find the right pain management and best remedy for hyperthyroidism that suits you.Most people can treat the problem with home care and medicines but the better option for permanent result is acupuncture for hyperthyroidism.
Dial: +91 9884746916 or Visit: drbharathsacuheal.com for more details on treating hyperthyroidism using Acupuncture,by contacting the top acupuncture doctor in Chennai.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE DOCTOR NEAR ME
To choose the Best doctor for Acupuncture, it's important that the Acupuncturist should have a decade of experience and treated at least 1000 to 2000 patients.
You can also search for the Best Acupuncture Doctor near me or ask your primary care physician to refer an experienced Acupuncturist nearby. Once you find the Best Acupuncture Doctor in Chennai, you may go through their google reviews first and then fix an appointment with the doctor only when you are satisfied with the reviews.
The Best Acupuncture Doctor should address your concerns and help you feel more comfortable before your first session. Acupuncture usually takes numerous sessions or several weeks to get a complete cure in any ailment but within 3 or 4 sessions the patients will experience positive differences.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE CLINIC NEAR ME
There are numerous clinics popping up and it is sometimes skeptical to choose the best or even the safe one. To address such concerns, you can look into the following points to choose the best acupuncture clinic for treating hyperthyroidism. Acupuncture is also offered in hospital pain clinics and by healthcare organizations but it is ideal to visit the best Acupuncture Clinic. If you are not sure, it would be a good idea to contact your local doctor to see if they would be prepared to refer to the best rated acupuncture clinics.Acupuncture is offered in top rated acupuncture clinics near me because conventional treatment has failed or produces unacceptable side effects. Most of the best acupuncture clinics for hyperthyroidism will spell out very clearly what type of acupuncture they practice and how professional they are - at present anyone can set themselves up as an acupuncturist but reputable practitioners will belong to an organization. So while you are filtering the best clinics for acupuncture that treats hyperthyroidism, you can look out for these factors.
We have been rewarded a 5-star rating from Google & Practo. You can also check the reviews there.
THE BOTTOM LINE
You can’t even do a whole lot on your own to rid yourself of the condition. If you want to minimize the many health risks posed by hyperthyroidism, the best thing you can do is ask to get tested by your doctor early if you are displaying symptoms. The sooner it’s detected, and a hyperthyroidism treatment plan is put into action, the better your chances are of successfully beating it.Dial: +91 9884746916 or Visit: drbharathsacuheal.com for more details on treating hyperthyroidism using Acupuncture.
- .Zhu J, Arsovska B, Kozovska K; Case Report - Acupuncture Treatment for Hyperthyroidism; International Journal of Chinese Medicine; 1(4): 121-123, 2017
- De Leo S, Lee YS, Braverman EL; Hyperthyroidism; Lancet; 388(10047): 906–918. 2016
- Suttie E; The thyroid in Chinese medicine; 2013 [www.chinesemedicineliving.com] 4.Morris C; Hyperthyroidism and Traditional Chinese Medicine; 2016 [www.elementhealing.com]
For further clarifications or
to fix an Appointment
Thank you for choosing us
Our experts will get back to you at the earliest
What are the services provided for hyperthyroidism by Dr. Bharath’s Acu Heal?
After a thorough investigation by pulse and tongue diagnosis, the condition of the disease is understood by the Acupuncturist. The positive changes in symptoms will be experienced only after a month or two. During the treatment T3, T4, TSH will be dropped down to normal, simultaneously tapering down the medication. Also, the patient will be advised on a diet with food restrictions and exercise regime which includes an induced sound sleep that plays a vital role in reversing the disease.
What are the benefits of acupuncture for hyperthyroidism?
This is a drugless therapy and there are no side effects. After completing the course of treatment, in few cases, any form of previous medication can either be stopped or reduced.
How many sessions do you need for hyperthyroidism?
It takes around two sessions weekly for a duration of 8 to 9 months approximately.