TREATMENT FOR BLOATING
Bloating is a condition where your belly feels full and tight, often due to gas. Abdominal bloating can be alarming, particularly when it is very painful. Some people notice that their belly looks swollen or misshapen, or they may experience sharp abdominal pain. Yet in many cases, the cause may be something as simple as indigestion or too much gas building up in the stomach and bowels. Bloating is often accompanied by:
- excessive gas (flatulence)
- frequent burping or belching
- abdominal rumbling or gurgles
Abdominal bloating can interfere with your ability to work and participate in social or recreational activities. Bloating is common among both adults and children.
CAUSES OF BLOATING
Causes of bloating may be due to medical conditions. These include:
- irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- inflammatory bowel disease, such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
- other functional gastrointestinal disorders (FGIDs)
- food intolerance
- weight gain
- hormonal flux (especially for women)
- giardiasis (intestinal parasite infection)
- eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa
- mental health factors such as stress, anxiety, depression, and more
- some medications
These conditions cause factors that contribute to gas and bloating, such as:
- overgrowth or deficiency of bacteria within the GI tract
- gas accumulation
- altered gut motility
- impaired gas transit
- abnormal abdominal reflexes
- visceral hypersensitivity (feeling of bloating in small or even normal body changes)
- food and carbohydrate malabsorption
Serious causes of Bloating
Abdominal bloating can also be a symptom of several serious conditions, including:
- pathologic fluid accumulation in the abdominal cavity (ascites) as a result of cancer (e.g., ovarian cancer), liver disease, kidney failure, or congestive heartfailure
- celiac disease, or gluten intolerance
- pancreatic insufficiency, which is impaired digestion because the pancreas cannot produce enough digestive enzymes
- perforation of the GI tract with escape of gas, normal GI tract bacteria, and other contents into the abdominal cavity.
SYMPTOMS OF BLOATING
Common symptoms of bloating include stomach pain, discomfort, and gas. You may also burp or belch frequently or have abdominal rumbling or gurgling.
Severe bloating may occur along with other serious symptoms, such as:
- Blood in your stool
- Noticeable weight loss (without trying)
- Vaginal bleeding (between your periods, or if you are postmenopausal)
- Heartburn that is getting worse
- Fever (due to an infection)
Your doctor can generally diagnose the cause of your bloating through
- physical exams
- Blood test-CBC
- Stool analysis
- Urine test
- Fluoroscopic imaging
- CT scan
There are many ways to prevent and avoidbloating:
- Avoid the foods that are known to cause gas. These include cabbage, Brussels sprouts, turnips, beans, and lentils.
- Avoid chewing gum.
- Avoid using straws for drinking.
- Reduce or avoid drinking carbonated drinks (such as soda).
- Reduce or avoid eating and drinking foods and drinks that include fructose or sorbitol. These artificial sweeteners are often found in sugar-freefoods.
- Slow down when you eat.
- Eat more foods high in fiber to prevent constipation. If foods alone don’t help, consider taking a fiber supplement.
- Avoid dairy products if you notice they cause gas and bloating.
- Quit smoking
- The feeling of Discomfort
- Diarrhea or Constipation
- Stomach Pain
- Fitting of Clothing may Change
- Increased Smelly Flatulence
TREATMENT FOR BLOATING
Eating Slowly -Eating too quickly causes you to swallow more air, which can lead to gas and bloating. Eating slowly can help reduce bloating. Additionally, slowing your eating can make you feel full, faster, helping you avoid overeating, which can lead to bloating.
Changing Your Diet -If you notice a trend in certain foods causing you to bloat, try reducing or eliminating those foods from your diet. Foods that commonly cause bloating are wheat, beans, lentils, garlic, onions, and asparagus. Milk and dairy foods can also cause bloating, as some people have a hard time digesting a sugar they contain called lactose.
Antacids -Antacids can reduce bloating by allowing gas to pass more easily through your digestive tract.However, antacids are only effective for bloating caused byfood.
Antidepressants -Researchers have found that certain antidepressants can affect the way your body reacts to gas, keeping it from overreacting to its presence.
Less Fiber -Eating too much fiber is one of the most common reasons for bloating. Fiber is an essential part of a healthy diet, but it can cause a lot of gas in your digestive system because your body cannot digest it. The key with fiber is to eat it in moderation. Foods high in fiber include beans, lentils, broccoli, whole wheat, apples, berries, and quinoa.
Over-the-Counter Gas Products -There are a handful of products that may help reduce gas levels and ease bloating:
- Simethicone helps you pass gas bubbles trapped in your intestines.
- Alpha-galactosidase helps break down the carbohydrates in vegetables and beans.
- Activated charcoal may reduce gas symptoms, but research has not shown a clear benefit. It should be noted that activated charcoal could interfere with the absorption of certain medications, so discuss with your doctor before taking thisproduct
- Lactase supplements help you digest the sugar lactose in dairy products.
EFFECTIVENESS OF ACUPUNCTURE
Acupuncture isn't a Band-Aid approach or just a symptom-treater. Dr. Shaji Bharath has shown the efficacy of acupuncture for indigestion and bloating, stating that "Acupuncture is effective in the treatment of functional dyspepsia." Acupuncture is more effective than antacids. This is because the treatment doesn't just target the symptom of bloating or digestive dysfunction itself, but it hones in on whatever the root cause is -which in some cases is stress. Acupuncture seems to be a promising therapy for patients suffering from Bloating.
MECHANISM OF ACUPUNCTURE
The practice of acupuncture is rooted in the concept of keeping a free-flowing qi, your body's natural energy. The treatments protocol is a combination of tonifying the digestive system through the stomach, spleen, and liver meridians, as well as relaxing the mind and body with calming points.In acupuncture specifically, the needles are used to alleviate and release blockages of this energy (qi), which can cause medical problems and even weight gain. An acupuncturist looks at "meridians" throughout the body to improve the circulation of qi — those meridians are like a map of where the energy flows.The needles are inserted seemingly into unrelated parts of your body because there are local points — areas from where the pain radiates — and distal points, which correspond to remote areas of your body, such as your extremities, that have many nerve endings that trigger a strong response through the stomach, spleen, and liver meridian to help move the energy flow in your abdomen."
BEST CURE FOR BLOATING
Looking for the best relief for bloating in Chennai, here’s why you should reach out to the expert Acupuncturist Dr. Shaji Bharath from the best rated clinic Dr.Bharath’s Acu Heal. He is currently treating patients for a wide range of conditions. As a best acupuncture practitioner with 15 years of experience, and having worked with several gastroenterologists Dr. Bharath can create the treatment plan for the best cure for bloating to manage the condition that's tailored to your needs, which can break a cycle of long-lasting swelling and pain in the abdomen. As the top acupuncture doctor for gastrointestinal conditions in Chennai he has witnessed acupuncture doing wonders for people suffering from bloating. The effectiveness rate increases several times just with one course of Acupuncture. So, take some time to find the right pain management and best remedy for acupuncture approach that suits you. Most of the people swear by acupuncture, citing it as a best cure and a ‘miracle’ to improving their quality of life. To contact the top acupuncture doctor in Chennai, Dial: +91 9884746916 or Visit: drbharathsacuheal.com for more details.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE DOCTOR NEAR ME
To choose the Best doctor for Acupuncture, it's important that the Acupuncturist should have a decade of experience and treated at least 1000 to 2000 patients.
You can also search for the Best Acupuncture Doctor near me or ask your primary care physician to refer an experienced Acupuncturist nearby. Once you find the Best Acupuncture Doctor in Chennai, you may go through their google reviews first and then fix an appointment with the doctor only when you are satisfied with the reviews.
The Best Acupuncture Doctor should address your concerns and help you feel more comfortable before your first session. Acupuncture usually takes numerous sessions or several weeks to get a complete cure in any ailment but within 3 or 4 sessions the patients will experience positive differences.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE CLINIC NEAR ME
There are numerous clinics popping up and it is sometimes skeptical to choose the best or even the safe one. To address such concerns, you can look into the following points to choose the best acupuncture clinic for treating bloating. Acupuncture is also offered in hospital pain clinics and by healthcare organizations but it is ideal to visit the best Acupuncture Clinic. If you are not sure, it would be a good idea to contact your local doctor to see if they would be prepared to refer to the best rated acupuncture clinics.Acupuncture is offered in top rated acupuncture clinics near me because conventional treatment has failed or produces unacceptable side effects. Most of the best acupuncture clinics for gastrointestinal disorders will spell out very clearly what type of acupuncture they practice and how professional they are - at present anyone can set themselves up as an acupuncturist but reputable practitioners will belong to an organization. So while you are filtering the best clinics for acupuncture that treats bloating, you can look out for these factors.
We have been rewarded a 5-star rating from Google & Practo. You can also check the reviews there.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Abdominal bloating can be disconcerting and painful.Living with bloating can be uncomfortable. You may have stomach pain or just a sense of fullness. When it affects how your clothes fit, it can be frustrating. If your bloating is constant, don’t suffer unnecessarily. See your doctor to determine if the cause of the bloating is something more serious or Dial: +91 9884746916 or Visit: drbharathsacuheal.com for more details.
- Guo Y, Wei W, Chen JD. Effects and mechanisms of acupuncture and electroacupuncture for functional dyspepsia: A systematic review. World J Gastroenterol 2020; 26(19): 2440-2457 [PMID: 32476804 DOI: 10.3748/wjg.v26.i19.2440]
- Nowak TV, Johnson CP, Kalbfleisch JH, Roza AM, Wood CM, Weisbruch JP, Soergel KH. Highly variable gastric emptying in patients with insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. Gut. 1995;37:23–29.
- Talley NJ, Locke GR, Lahr BD, Zinsmeister AR, Tougas G, Ligozio G, Rojavin MA, Tack J. Functional dyspepsia, delayed gastric emptying, and impaired quality of life. Gut. 2006;55:933–939.
For further clarifications or
to fix an Appointment
Thank you for choosing us
Our experts will get back to you at the earliest
What are the services provided for Bloating by Dr. Bharath’s Acu Heal?
After a thorough investigation by pulse and tongue diagnosis, the Acupuncturist will understand the condition of the disease. Acupuncture treatment will be given based on the disease’s chronicity and acuteness. In the first few sessions, there will be positive changes in the symptoms and after few more sessions, there will be a 90% to 100% chance that the patient will get cured of Bloating. The patient will be advised on a diet with food restrictions, exercise regime which includes a sound sleep that plays a vital role in reversing the disease.
What are the benefits of acupuncture for bloating?
This is a drugless therapy and there are no side effects. Through Acupuncture treatment, one can completely stop the previous medications. The patients can experience positive results within 2 sessions of acupuncture itself.
How many sessions do you need for bloating?
A minimum of 20 sessions will be required to stop bloating.