TREATMENT FOR ACUTE RENAL FAILURE
ACUTE RENAL FAILURE
Acute kidney failure occurs when your kidneys suddenly become unable to filter waste products from your blood. When your kidneys lose their filtering ability, dangerous levels of wastes may accumulate, and your blood's chemical makeup may get out of balance.
Acute kidney failure — also called acute renal failure or acute kidney injury — develops rapidly, usually in less than a few days. Acute kidney failure is most common in people who are already hospitalized, particularly in critically ill people who need intensive care.
Acute kidney failure can be fatal and requires intensive treatment. However, acute kidney failure may be reversible. If you're otherwise in good health, you may recover normal or nearly normal kidney function.
Acute renal failure can occur when:
- You have a condition that slows blood flow to your kidneys
- You experience direct damage to your kidneys
- Your kidneys' urine drainage tubes (ureters) become blocked and wastes can't leave your body through your urine
Impaired blood flow to the kidneys
Diseases and conditions that may slow blood flow to the kidneys and lead to kidney injury include:
- Blood or fluid loss
- Blood pressure medications
- Heart attack
- Heart disease
- Liver failure
- Use of aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others), naproxen sodium (Aleve, others) or related drug
- Severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis)
- Severe burns
- Severe dehydration
Damage to the kidneys
These diseases, conditions and agents may damage the kidneys and lead to acute kidney failure:
- Blood clots in the veins and arteries in and around the kidneys
- Cholesterol deposits that block blood flow in the kidneys
- Glomerulonephritis, inflammation of the tiny filters in the kidneys (glomeruli)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome, a condition that results from premature destruction of red blood cells
- Infection, such as with the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Lupus, an immune system disorder causing glomerulonephritis
- Medications, such as certain chemotherapy drugs, antibiotics and dyes used during imaging tests
- Scleroderma, a group of rare diseases affecting the skin and connective tissues
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, a rare blood disorder
- Toxins, such as alcohol, heavy metals and cocaine
- Muscle tissue breakdown (rhabdomyolysis) that leads to kidney damage caused by toxins from muscle tissue destruction
- Breakdown of tumor cells (tumor lysis syndrome), which leads to the release of toxins that can cause kidney injury
Urine blockage in the kidneys
Diseases and conditions that block the passage of urine out of the body (urinary obstructions) and can lead to acute kidney injury include:
- Bladder cancer
- Blood clots in the urinary tract
- Cervical cancer
- Colon cancer
- Enlarged prostate
- Kidney stones
- Nerve damage involving the nerves that control the bladder
- Prostate cancer
Signs and symptoms of acute renal failure include:
- Decreased urine output, although occasionally urine output remains normal
- Fluid retention, causing swelling in your legs, ankles or feet
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain or pressure
- Seizures or coma in severe cases
- Internal bleeding
- High BP
- Weight loss for no reason
- Low red blood corpuscle count (anemia)
- Metal taste in your mouth
- Loss of appetite
Sometimes acute kidney failure causes no signs or symptoms and is detected through lab tests done for another reason.
Acute renal failure almost always occurs in connection with another medical condition or event. Conditions that can increase your risk of acute kidney failure include:
- Numbness and tingling
- Easy bruising
- Muscle twitches and cramps
- Weak bones that break easily
- Yellow-brown complexion
- Being hospitalized, especially for a serious condition that requires intensive care
- Advanced age
- Blockages in the blood vessels in your arms or legs (peripheral artery disease)
- High blood pressure
- Heart failure
- Kidney diseases
- Liver diseases
- Certain cancers and their treatments
Potential complications of acute renal failure include:
- Fluid buildup. Acute kidney failure may lead to a buildup of fluid in your lungs, which can cause shortness of breath.
- Chest pain. If the lining that covers your heart (pericardium) becomes inflamed, you may experience chest pain
- Muscle weakness. When your body's fluids and electrolytes — your body's blood chemistry — are out of balance, muscle weakness can result.
- Permanent kidney damage. Occasionally, acute kidney failure causes permanent loss of kidney function, or end-stage renal disease. People with end-stage renal disease require either permanent dialysis — a mechanical filtration process used to remove toxins and wastes from the body — or a kidney transplant to survive
- Death. Acute kidney failure can lead to loss of kidney function and, ultimately, death.
Acute renal failure is often difficult to predict or prevent. But you may reduce your risk by taking care of your kidneys. Try to:
- Pay attention to labels when taking over-the-counter (OTC) pain medications. Follow the instructions for OTC pain medications, such as aspirin, acetaminophen (Tylenol, others), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen sodium (Aleve, others). Taking too much of these medications may increase your risk of kidney injury. This is especially true if you have pre-existing kidney disease, diabetes or high blood pressure.
- Work with your doctor to manage kidney and other chronic conditions. If you have kidney disease or another condition that increases your risk of acute kidney failure, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, stay on track with treatment goals and follow your doctor's recommendations to manage your condition.
- Make a healthy lifestyle a priority. Be active; eat a sensible, balanced diet; and drink alcohol only in moderation — if at all.
Your doctor will start with a physical exam in order to provide remedies to treat acute renal failure. They might also order tests of your blood, urine and kidneys
- Blood tests : To provide best remedies to cure renal failure, blood tests might be ordered. These measure substances in your blood such as follows,
- Creatinine could also be a waste in your blood that’s made by muscle activity. Normally, it’s away from your blood by your kidneys. But if your kidneys fail function, your creatinine level rises
- Urea nitrogen is another waste in your blood. It’s created when protein from the food is broken down. Like creatinine, your kidneys remove this from your blood. When your kidneys stop functioning, your urea nitrogen levels rise
- Serum potassium could also be a substance found in your blood that balances water levels in your bloodstream. Renal disorder could cause either high or low potassium levels
- Serum sodium another substance in your blood that helps with the balance of fluids in your body. High sodium levels can mean that your kidneys aren’t working properly because your body can’t get the right amount of sodium
- Urine tests : Your doctor would check your urine for blood and protein. They’ll also search for certain electrolytes. These results help your doctor understand the causes of kidney failure, so that it will be helpful to provide permanent cure for acute renal failure
- Kidney biopsy (renal biopsy) is a procedure where the doctor pushes a thin needle through your skin and takes a tiny piece of your kidney to look at under a microscope. It can show if there's any damage or disease in your kidney
- Imaging tests : Certain tests such as ultrasonography or a CT scan, could show whether your kidneys are enlarged or there’s a blockage in your urine flow. An angiogram could help your doctor figure out if the arteries or veins that lead to your kidneys are blocked
- Urine output measurements. Measuring how much you urinate in 24 hours may help your doctor determine the cause of your kidney failure.
- Imaging tests. Imaging tests such as ultrasound and computerized tomography may be used to help your doctor see your kidneys.
- An MRI could help diagnose thi, which helps in providing the best remedies to cure acute renal failure
If there aren’t any underlying conditions, the kidneys may heal by itself. In most other cases, kidney failure is often treated if it’s caught early. It may involve changes to your diet, the use of medicines or even require dialysis.
- Diet : The best remedy to cure renal failure is to limit the amount of salt and potassium intake until your kidneys heal. That’s because both of those substances are discharged from your body through your kidneys. Changing how and what you eat may not reverse kidney failure. But your doctor might change the diet in order to work on the conditions that caused it. This might mean providing remedies for conditions such as heart failure, taking you off certain medications or supplying you with fluids through an IV if you’re dehydrated. If your doctor has put you on a low potassium diet, you’ll need to crop on high-potassium foods like bananas, spinach, oranges, potatoes, and tomatoes. Whereas, you should eat more low-potassium foods like apples, strawberries, grapes and cauliflower
- Medications : Your doctor might prescribe medicines that regulate the quantity of phosphorus and potassium in your blood. When your kidneys stop functioning, they fail to remove unwanted substances from your body. Medications may not help your kidneys to heal, but they'll reduce a number of issues that cause renal failure and provide best relief for pain caused due to renal failure
- Dialysis : Dialysis may be carried out to pump your blood through a machine that filters out the waste and returns the blood to your body. The 2 kinds of dialysis that provide cure to renal failure are termed hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
- Hemodialysis : In this type, a catheter is stuck into one of the veins in your neck, an arm or leg. Hemodialysis is most frequently done 3 times every week for 3 to 4 hours at a time
- Peritoneal dialysis : Peritoneal dialysis provides remedies for renal failure and it is performed through a tube permanently set in your belly. Most adults have dialysis done at an outpatient hemodialysis center. Many children have peritoneal dialysis done at home
- Kidney Transplant : A kidney transplant is when the surgeon puts a healthier kidney of another person (who has donated their kidney) into your body. Kidney transplant is the best procedure to treat many patients with end stage renal failure. But acupuncture acts as an alternative cure for renal failure and considered one of the best remedies.
EFFECTIVENESS OF ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT
Renal failure is an increasing major public illness worldwide. The number of renal failure patients on hemodialysis is also increasing rapidly. Acupuncture technique is one among the best treatment methods that has been utilized in treating a variety of diseases. Nowadays, the clinical application of acupuncture technique for renal failure patients has become the main target for its effectiveness and security. Researchers and reviews suggest that acupuncture has the best therapeutic effects and mechanisms of different acupuncture techniques for renal disorder patients has proven effective. Other benefits of acupuncture are;
- The resulting biochemical changes offer relief which tends to influence the body's homeostatic mechanisms, thus promoting physical and emotional well-being.
- Stimulation of certain acupuncture points have been shown to affect areas of the brain which are known to provide relief by reducing sensitivity to pain and stress
- Increases blood flow velocity within the arteries and veins that flows to the kidneys, thus improving renal function by providing relief for acute renal failure
- Stimulates the nerves located in muscles and other tissues, that ends up releasing endorphins and other neurohumoral factors and changes the processing of pain within the kidneys, providing pain relief
- Reduces inflammation, by promoting release of vascular and immunomodulatory factors offering the best remedy for acute renal failure
- Increases local microcirculation, that aids in dispersal of swelling
- In patients with renal failure, acupuncture therapy improves renal function, reduces proteinuria, controls hypertension, corrects anemia, relieves pain and controls many hemodialysis-related complications like uremic pruritus, insomnia and fatigue.
- The mechanisms are associated with the regulation of sympathetic nerve and therefore the activation of bioactive chemicals, providing relief for acute renal failure
MECHANISM OF ACUPUNCTURE
Acupuncture is a traditional therapy that supports the thought of energetics within the body and it is considered to be the permanent treatment to cure acute renal failure, sometimes it could help by avoiding dialysis.
- Treatment consists of inserting needles at various pressure points on the body and through the skin. Needles aren't meant to cause pain, harm or discomfort
- A professional acupuncturist would target energy (or “qi” in Chinese medicine) or acupuncture points for treatment. These also are termed as meridians, with some being of special benefit to painful nerves and muscles within the joints, by providing the best remedy for renal failure
- By stimulating these points, parts of the systema nervosum also are stimulated to alleviate pain. Acupuncture also can provide the best pain relief from other similar nephrological issues that there might not be too many pain remedy options
BEST CURE FOR RENAL FAILURE:
Looking for a best remedy to treat renal disorders in chennai, here’s why you should reach out to the best Acupuncturist Dr. Shaji Bharath from Dr.Bharath’s AcuHeal. He is currently treating patients for a wide range of conditions. As a certified acupuncture practitioner with 15 years of experience, with vast knowledge on nephrology and having worked with several nephrologists, doctor Bharath has seen Acupuncture doing wonders on people suffering from renal disorders and providing permanent cure. The effectiveness rate increases several times just with one course of Acupuncture and it can help alleviate the symptoms, reduce pain and increase the rate of curing kidney disorders, helping patients get back to their normal routine, by evaluating your condition and offering the best therapy and treatment. Most of the people swear by acupuncture, citing it as a ‘miracle’ to improving their quality of life, that focuses on treating renal failure, which allows you to live a hassle free healthy life.
Dial: +91 9884746916 or Visit: drbharathsacuheal.com for more details on treating renal disorders and providing relief using Acupuncture, by contacting the top acupuncture doctor in Chennai.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE DOCTOR NEAR ME
To choose the Best doctor for Acupuncture, it's important that the Acupuncturist should have a decade of experience and treated at least 1000 to 2000 patients.
You can also search for the Best Acupuncture Doctor near me or ask your primary care physician to refer an experienced Acupuncturist nearby. Once you find the Best Acupuncture Doctor in Chennai, you may go through their google reviews first and then fix an appointment with the doctor only when you are satisfied with the reviews.
The Best Acupuncture Doctor should address your concerns and help you feel more comfortable before your first session. Acupuncture usually takes numerous sessions or several weeks to get a complete cure in any ailment but within 3 or 4 sessions the patients will experience positive differences.
BEST ACUPUNCTURE CLINIC NEAR ME
There are numerous clinics popping up and it is sometimes skeptical to choose the best or even the safe one. To address such concerns, you can look into the following points to choose the best acupuncture clinic for treating acute renal failure. Acupuncture is also offered in hospital, pain clinics and by healthcare organizations but it is ideal to visit the best Acupuncture Clinic. If you are not sure, it would be a good idea to contact your local doctor to see if they would be prepared to refer to the best rated acupuncture clinics.Acupuncture is offered in top rated acupuncture clinics near me because conventional treatment has failed or produces unacceptable side effects. Most of the best acupuncture clinics will spell out very clearly what type of acupuncture they practice and how professional they are - at present anyone can set themselves up as an acupuncturist but reputable practitioners will belong to an organization. So while you are filtering the best clinics for acupuncture that treats acute renal failure, you can look out for these factors.Treatment without surgery for acute renal failure is possible through acupuncture and it gives the best result.
We have been rewarded a 5-star rating from Google & Practo. You can also check the reviews there.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Acute renal failure can be a life-threatening illness. Chronic renal failure or end-stage renal disease can develop. There’s a greater risk of death if kidney failure is caused by severe infection, trauma, or surgery.With acupuncture treatment, your chances of recovery are good. Seek immediate and regular medical care for acute renal failure by Dialing +91 9884746916 or Visiting: drbharathsacuheal.com. to heal faster and to get the best remedy.
- Calderon-Margalit R, Golan E, Twig G, Leiba A, Tzur D, Afek A, Skorecki K, Vivante A. History of Childhood Kidney Disease and Risk of Adult End-Stage Renal Disease. N Engl J Med. 2018 Feb 01;378(5):428-438.
- Kaufman J, Dhakal M, Patel B, Hamburger R. Community-acquired acute renal failure. Am J Kidney Dis. 1991 Feb;17(2):191-8.
- Lindner A, Sherrard DJ. Acute renal failure. N Engl J Med. 1996 Oct 24;335(17):1320-1; author reply 1321-2.
For further clarifications or
to fix an Appointment
Thank you for choosing us
Our experts will get back to you at the earliest
What are the services provided for Acute Renal Failure by Dr. Bharath’s Acu Heal?
After a thorough investigation by pulse and tongue diagnosis, the Acupuncturist can understand the condition of the disease. Acupuncture treatment will be given based on the disease’s chronicity and acuteness. In the first few sessions, there will be a positive change in the symptoms and after several sessions, there will be a 90% to 100% chance that the patient will get cured of the Acute Renal failure. Simultaneously the patient will be advised on a diet with food restrictions like avoiding citric foods, exercise regime which includes an induced sound sleep that plays a vital role in reversing the disease.
What are the benefits of acupuncture for Acute Renal Failure?
This is a drugless therapy and there is no side effect. After 1 or 2 sessions patients with CKD problem may be having edema in the foot which will be reduced. Probably after few sessions, there will be reductions in creatinine levels. Once the total session is getting over, you can stop the previous medications.
How many sessions of acupuncture do you need for Acute Renal Failure?
It takes 30 to 40 sessions approximately (4 to 5 months).